Here is a brief overview of a 2.5-week RV road trip from Auckland to Christchurch, including stops at various points of interest along the way:
- Start in Auckland and visit the Auckland Zoo, Sheepworld, and Tāne Mahuta (a massive kauri tree).
- Head north to the Kauri Museum, Cathedral Cove Macadamias, and the Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tours.
- Continue on to Te Puia, Rotorua Canopy Tours, and the Redwoods Treewalk in Rotorua.
- Head south to the National Aquarium of New Zealand and the Wellington Botanic Garden in Wellington.
- Finally, make your way to Whale Watch Kaikōura on the east coast before ending your trip in Christchurch.
Some recommendations and tips for a family-friendly trip:
- Planyour route in advance and book any necessary accommodations or activities ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
- Make sure to pack plenty of snacks, drinks, and other supplies for the road.
- Take breaks along the way to stretch your legs, use the bathroom, and explore the local area.
- Consider bringing along some kid-friendly entertainment, such as books, games, or movies, for the car rides.
- Don't forget to bring sunscreen, hats, and other protective gear for outdoor activities.
- Finally, be respectful of the local culture and environment, and follow any rules or guidelines set by the attractions you visit.